Friday 15 February 2008

Valentine's Day

Steve showing off his double sock
Aberdeen VS Bayern Munich Ticket
Balloons Released before the match.
Nice Aberdeen Mascot
View of the stadium
Banner being put up.




One of the supporters for Aberdeen 'The Dons'.
Paul, Richard & Steve



Yet another Valentine's Day is gone, but this year however, there's no candlelit dinner, no romantic music, no dancing.....so was it that sad for me?? Not at all! Instead, I got a chance to watch Aberdeen played against the Mighty Bayern Munich at Pittodrie in the UEFA cup challenge. Went with my mates and it was my first ever live international football experience and what an experience it was.
Twenty over thousand people went to see the game. Well, Bayern Munich were expected to win the match and they are the UEFA cup favourites, in fact. My mate Steve and many other Aberdonians told me that Aberdeen might be trashed at least 4-0. That is how strong the German side is.
I have taken some shots of the stadium and some parts of the match and attached them here. I seriously haven't been to a stadium with so many people around. Fantastic feeling and the singing, the excitement of all those around me, just add to create a wonderful atmosphere.
Aberdeen played really well that night. They were leading 1-0 and 2-1 at one point. I remembered when Aberdeen scored their first goal, everyone including myself were jumping up and down, hugging each other...it's unbelievable. The whole stadium just went crazy! No one was expecting Aberdeen to score first and it was a beautiful shot. Few minutes later, the German side scored to equalise. During the 2nd half, Aberdeen scored another one to go 2-1 up. At this point, I don't know how to describe it anymore. I remembered just jumping, shouting out loud...it couldn't have gone better...or should I say, Krazier. Too bad I didn't grab a shot of the people's expressions.
The game ended with a 2-2 draw. Bayern Munich had scored from the penalty spot to equalise. For me it was my first ever live football match experience and it was very worth it. Nobody had expected a result like that.
After that match, we went for Chinese food and I had fried kuey teow. Yummy...it's quite rare to get that sort of food here.
So I'd say it was a good Valentine's day for me this year. Don't you agree??

2 comments:

Kiddo said...

Steve hasn't changed much, has he? I see that he still keeps his moustache.. Oh, what did he comment about you when you guys first met up there? Hehe XD .. something's losing drastically.

Gabriel said...

Yup he hasn't changed much. I can't really remember what he commented but it sure is good to see him.