Tuesday 13 May 2008

New Lens, New Possibilities

Few days ago, I bought a Canon EF 50mm f1.4 lens off the internet. Yesterday, it arrived at my doorstep. I've read a lot of good reviews about this lens before I finally bought it. It's not particularly very expensive, but also not very cheap either. However, it should be something that's worth it...at least this is what I keep telling myself.

So what's so special about this lens? To be honest, I only know that it has a big aperture and so it's quite good for low light photos and that it could give a nice blur (bokeh) background to your photo. If you read more about it, I'm sure there are many more technical properties you can find that the lens possesses.



Above picture shows an example of the nice blur the lens produces. This pic was taken at f1.6, 1/800s, focusing on the white tribal ring. Btw, I bought that ring from Camden Town, London. Quite a nice ring, right? :)

As for my new lens, I am very excited about the many possibilities it could do, and hopefully from it I'd come out with better pictures.

3 comments:

bidarlah said...

eh sei...macam a pro leh! boleh! :)

Lee said...

This is a really good picture! You should start a portfolio..

Gabriel said...

bidarlah,
Pro...many years of practice yet hehe...

lee,
Thanks. The new lens is fantastic.