Monday 16 June 2008

Portrait of Myself

Happy Father's Day to all dads and of course especially to my dad. I could only greet and wish him on the phone, but he sounded happy anyway.
Ok...weekend was quite quiet for me. I went out to get some stuff in town and stayed in my flat most times. I'll be leaving Aberdeen and travelling home to Brunei in three weeks time...hooray to all the food and getting to see my family I miss but boooo to going back to work. I dread to think about work but....life without work commitment is quite boring and demotivating as well. Challenge in life is to keep ourselves happy no matter what the situation is like. Easier said than done :)
Enough of that. Photo I have here is a portrait of myself. I browse through a photography website sometime ago and came across a picture which I think is interesting. In that picture, there are other pictures in it and they were presented such a way that they visually 'pop' out of the picture.
I decided to try that on my picture, something I feel is different from the norm. I am quite satisfied with the result.


The picture on the wall is an actual picture that is hanging on my flat but the other three on the floor are pictures taken by me and digitally put in. Notice I'm wearing my new shoes and dressed up for the shot (wink). Proper right?? I like it!
The shot was taken with a bouce flash from my camera, 18mm f/4.0, ISO 400, some warm ceiling light (that's why there are some yellowish and reddish tone) and some light from a nearby window.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man,

you know I was about to call up and ask where you printed those photos from right? looks very realistic.

Welldone once again.

Thats more reason to start looking at those tutorials.

Will take me time but one day I might be half as good as you:)

A

Lee said...

That's one creative portrait. Might try it myself one day =P

PL Baker said...

Its really good!

bidarlah said...

wah sei...

proper hor!

when doing one for bidarlah? hehe!

Gabriel said...

Thanks guys.

Bidarlah: I don't mind that. Definitely think you'll make an excellent model.

bidarlah said...

aiyo...u too kind with your words.

i'm fraid that what you see through your len(s) wil scare U. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very creative, dude! U r simply mental lah!