Thursday 10 April 2008

Speedy Hobby



My 'Pocket Cube' and 'Standard Cube'


I think most of us know the Rubik's Cube or Magic Cube. It was very popular in the 80's. Nowadays, there are various shapes and sizes of these puzzles available.
I have always been fascinated by people who were able to solve it. Last year, while I was at the office, one of my colleagues had a 3x3x3 cube with her. I borrowed it, searched for the solution and was determined to be able to solve it. While searching for the solution, I came across speedcubing, where it is an activity of solving the cube as fast as possible. Unbelievably the fastest world record for solving the 3x3x3 cube is just under 10 secs!!! I'm proud to tell you all that my personal record is 90 secs...well, it's nothing compared to the world record but still, it was a fun experience and a good achievement.

No comments: